Splashscreen help

Répondre
hobyrne
Rang 1
Rang 1

Splashscreen help

Message par hobyrne » 17 mai 2010 21:14

Bonjour,

J'ai etude le Francais, mais je n'ai l'utiliser pas pour plus de dix ans. And I don't even know how badly mangled I got that sentence, so I'm going to post in English.

I like the section in the rules:
This competition is intended to :

- Promote the amateur development for the Wii.
- Giving a boost to developers not daring to cross the course code for the Wii.
- Reward the developers deserve.
It has indeed given me a boost, I have coded a game for the Wii. I cannot enter it in your competition, though, because of the rule
The splashscreen will be the first image to appear in the project...
Everywhere I look, for tutorials, examples, and templates for displaying graphics, there seem to be dependencies, many more layers of code than seem necessary, and even a reference to a library I can't find anywhere. I know it's selfish to ask, but since one of your stated intentions is to encourage developers, I'll try.

What's the simplest way to display the PNG? I guess I'd like to see the source, and all the libraries and dependencies, of code that will just display that one image. A template. I have everything else; my game graphics and animation are all working. Handling the PNG is my last obstacle.

TIA!

hobyrne.

Cid2Mizard
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: Splashscreen help

Message par Cid2Mizard » 17 mai 2010 21:25

He should just know what library do you use ?

hobyrne
Rang 1
Rang 1

Message par hobyrne » 18 mai 2010 17:47

I'm currently not using any graphics library; I'm writing directly to the frame buffer. It was the quickest way to get started; yes, I took a short-cut.

Cid2Mizard
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par Cid2Mizard » 18 mai 2010 17:50

You can use GRRLIB / MLlib or simply libpng, all are => http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_development_tools

hobyrne
Rang 1
Rang 1

Message par hobyrne » 18 mai 2010 20:34

OK, thanks for the pointer. I was hoping I wouldn't have to include so much more stuff... I'm used to programming in assembly, where I need only trust the processor specification and my own code. Trusting third-party libraries is something new to me, and difficult, because I know coding, and I know the quality of code generally out there.

I'm having trouble with zlib, but I'll find a more appropriate forum than this one: that's not a discussion that's appropriate for this thread.

hobyrne.

evilynux
Rang 3
Rang 3

Message par evilynux » 19 mai 2010 17:32

FWIW, as it has been widely used and tested, libpng from devkitpro's portlibs should be considered.

I've been using pngu, a lightweight library - running on top of portlibs' libpng - with great success.
You may find a modified copy of that lib in libwiigui's SVN or in my lil' game (PixelMerge) SVN.

Cheers!

Répondre

Retourner vers « QUESTIONS DIVERS / MISCELLANEOUS QUESTIONS »