[3DS] Snes9x for 3DS v0.4=>0.63

Répondre
Cid2Mizard
Administrateur
Administrateur

[3DS] Snes9x for 3DS v0.4=>0.63

Message par Cid2Mizard » 01 sept. 2016 6:57

bubble2k16 propose la version 0.4 puis 0.63 de "Snes9x for 3DS", portage de l'émulateur Snes9x pour la nintendo 2DS/3DS.
Il s'agit d'une version optimisé afin de faire tourner les roms à 50/60 fps sur les Old 3DS qui dispose de moins de puissance que les New 3DS.

Snes9x for Old 3DS / 2DS Version 0.63 Released (16 Oct 2016)

Snes9x for 3DS is an SNES emulator for your old 3DS / 2DS. It runs many games at full speed (60 fps). It supports games that use CX4 chip (Megaman X2/X3), and the SDD-1 chip (Star Ocean, Super Street Fighter 2 Alpha). It can also play games that use the SuperFX chip (Yoshi's Island, etc) but they run with plenty of frame skips. It has generally much high compatbility than existing SNES emulators on the 3DS because it uses Snes9x 1.43 as a base, and is a good alternative if your existing emulators cannot play all the games.

3dsx version:
1. Copy the Snes9x_3ds.3dsx and snes9x_3ds_top.png into any folder on your SD card. (Both files must be in the same folder)
2. Place your SNES ROMs into your SD card into any folder (for v0.3 and above)
3. Go to your Homebrew Launcher and launch the snes9x_3ds.3dsx emulator.

CIA version:
1. Use your favorite CIA installer to install snes9x_3ds.cia into your CFW.
2. Place your SNES ROMs inside any folder.
3. Copy snes9x_3ds_top.png to ROOT of your SD card.
4. Exit your CIA installer and go to your CFW's home screen to launch the app.

Inside the Emulator:
1. Tap the bottom screen for the menu.
2. Use Up/Down to choose option, and A to confirm.
3. Use Left/Right to change between ROM selection and emulator options.
4. You can quit the emulator to your homebrew launcher / your CFW's home screen.

Feedback and bug reports are welcome. Help with development is also welcome!

Compatibility List:

Please help to contribute to the list:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Snes9x_for_3DS

Features:

1. Graphic modes 0 - 4 (even offset-per-tile modes), mode 7.
2. Save states of up to 4 slots.
3. Uses CSND for audio.
4. Frame skipping
5. Full screen
6. SDD1 chip (Star Ocean, Super Street Fighter 2 Alpha works)
7. DSP-1 (Pilotwings works well / Super Mario Kart / Ace o Nerae)
8. CX4 (Megaman X2/X3 runs well)

Not Available / Problematic:

1. Sound interpolation / echo
2. Some sound samples sound very wonky
3. Hi-res support (sometime later)
4. Mosaic effect.
6. Resume from sleep mode
7. SA-1 chip. Old 3DS too slow. Consider getting a New 3DS with PocketSNES/CATSFC.
8. SuperFX chip (Yoshi's Island works but runs slowly. Other SuperFX games runs very slowly)

What's supported:

1. Graphic modes 0 - 5, 7.
2. Save states of up to 4 slots
3. Cheats
4. Currently uses CSND for audio. So your entry point to home-brew must be able to use CSND. (if you can play BlargSNES with sound, you should be able to play Snes9X_3DS with sound)
5. Frame skipping.
6. Stretch to full screen / 4:3 ratio
7. PAL (50fps) / NTSC (60 fps) frame rates.
8. Navigation of ROMs in different folders.
9. SDD1 chip (Street Fighter 2 Alpha, Star Ocean)
10. SFX1/2 chip (Yoshi's Island, but slow)
11. CX4 chip (Megaman X-2, Megaman X-3)
12. DSP chips (Super Mario Kart, Ace o Nerae)
13. Use of full clock speed in the New 3DS.

What's missing / needs to be improved:

1. Some sound emulation errors.
2. All the other add-on chips.
3. Mosaics.
4. In-frame palette changes (without this some games experience colour issues)
5. Sprite layering issues.

If you are a developer, you are always welcome to help. Source codes are available at:
https://github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3d ... ter/source
Téléchargement :
(3DSX/CIA) : Snes9x fr 3DS v0.63.zip
Source : gbatemp.net
Site Officiel : github.com

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 04 sept. 2016 17:56

v0.41 released with the following changes:

- Fixed some transparency issues with Saturday Night Slam Master and Ghost Chaser Densei.
- Updated SRAM saving timing.
- Minor optimisation for SuperFX emulation.
- First implementation of speed hacks (experimental for F-Zero, Axelay, Super Mario Kart, Yoshi’s Island) for some very small speed improvements.
- Modified some debugging stuff.
- Fixed some mode 7 glitches when a mode 7 game (like Super Mario Kart has been running for more than a few minutes)
- Implemented palette flickering hack for Front Mission Gun Hazard, Bahamut Lagoon.
- Implemented hack for Power Rangers Fighting Edition to prevent graphical glitches
- Implemented hack for delayed SRAM (per 1 minute) saving for Star Ocean
- Fixed the problem of loading up too many different ROMs once after another, causing the loading to finally fail.
- When loading a game without settings, reset the frame rate setting to be based on the game's region.

PS: Haven't been able to solve ActRaiser 2's (US) freezing problem. It seems like it's a known timing problem that a few versions of Snes9x/ZSNES had problems dealing with it. But, if you really want to play the game, try ActRaiser 2 (EUR). It doesn't have the freezing problem like ActRaiser 2 (US).

Cid2Mizard
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4=>0.41

Message par Cid2Mizard » 04 sept. 2016 18:47

Il est excellent cet émulateur :)

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 04 sept. 2016 23:39

Ouais, mais a mon avis on aura jamais le fullspeed sur tous les jeux.

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 08 sept. 2016 21:47

Here we go again. :) v0.42 is released, but fixes a few small stuff:

- Minor optimisation to GPU drawing
- Increased maximum number of cheats to 200.
- Fix the crashing problem if there are too many cheats in the .CHT file.
- Fixed the too many sprites on screen problem (fixes Shadowrun freezing)

Thanks to those who pointed out the freezing problems and bugs.

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4=>0.42

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 14 sept. 2016 19:52

v 0.5

- Implemented major graphic rendering optimizations for color handling, transparency and window effects.
Although codes from BlargSNES was not used directly, the implement idea generally came from BlargSNES.
Some games that use windowing effects should see some / significant performance increase on the old 3DS.

For example:
F-Zero (US / EUR versions) run full speed (almost no frameskips)
Super Mario Kart (EUR) runs full speed (almost no frameskips)
Axelay (US) runs at a playable speed.
Breath of Fire 2 battle transition effects are smooth.
Super Mario World circular window fade-in/out effects are smooth.
Chrono Trigger Intro (the fade in/out from left/right) is now smooth. X-Strike effects also run very fast.
Tales of Phantasia magic effects are now smooth.
etc.

- Fixed sprite flickering problems in Yoshi's Island and DKC2.

- Fixed 256-color background problems. DKC1/2 and Earthworm Jim 2 intro shows up correctly.

- Fixed Mode 7 BG2 problems. Now Super Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back (snowspeeder stage) works correctly.

- Added code to use full clock speed on New 3DS

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4=>0.5

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 16 sept. 2016 11:01

gros boost des perf sur cette version 0.5
Mario kart pal tourne en full speed !

Cid2Mizard
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par Cid2Mizard » 16 sept. 2016 15:36

Effectivement, tous les jeux que je joue tourne en full speed :)

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 17 sept. 2016 20:32

v0.51 released. With some small fixes:

- Hires mode 5. Now Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu, Air Strike Patrol is playable, somewhat. It uses alternate frame flickering the achieve the pseudo-hires effect. Some of you may not like it... but this seems like the most optimal (at least from a performance standpoint) of achieving hi-res that is readable (especially for the Japanese version of Seiken Densetsu). I earlier tried doing filtering, but the Japanese text was way too difficult to read.

Turns out that I couldn't really implement the sprite layering fixes in time. It will require me to re-think some of approach that we render sprites to the screen. I'll probably have a look at it when I have much more time available.

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4=>0.51

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 23 sept. 2016 21:57

v0.6
- Default sound amplification to 2x
- Reduced GPU freezing problem after loading new ROMs / resetting too many times
- Resynchronise sound when you go into the menu (you can reset the sync this way after waking your 3DS from sleep mode)
- Improved sound sample rate to 32 KHz, and added echo and interpolation. The result is overall better sound quality
- Improved sync between SPC700 emulation and the DSP.
- Fixed Contra III Mode 7 EXTBG colors again.
- Enabled the SPC700 Envelope Height reading.
- Fixed Chrono Trigger music not resuming after any battle music or “sealed by mysterious force” music.

Not all sound emulation errors are fixed (things like repeating sounds in Clay Fighter, weird sound samples in Earthworm Jim 2, and sound problems in the Mortal Kombat series).

I am repeating myself, but sound quality is very much improved. (Although it could have been this way since day 1 :P, if you read my post above)

I had wanted to use BlargSNES's DSP core, thinking that it offers good performance over Snes9x's DSP core. But I had many problems integrating it I decided to give up. I went back to simply putting back Snes9x's echo + filters / interpolation implementations, and it worked surprisingly well.

But there's one problem I've observed since day 1. Secret of Mana has some serious screeching sound issues if you don't load it up as the 1st game immediately after you start the emulator. I have no idea why... The solution now is just to make sure you load the game as the 1st game.

Cid2Mizard
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4=>0.61

Message par Cid2Mizard » 25 sept. 2016 14:23

Quick release with some bug fixes and new feature in v0.61: :)
- Fixed DSP bug that causes some games like Dragon Ball - Super Budoten 3, Umihara Kawase to mute. (Thanks to @Burrumon for pointing out)
- Fixed bug that doesn't stop sound from playing when saving to SRAM.
- Added option to hide FPS and unnecessary texts from the bottom screen.

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4=>0.61

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 29 sept. 2016 7:19

v0.62 beta

For the first time I'm releasing a beta because I don't have the time to test the whole set of games in my library, and also the time to update all my posts and Github releases. :rofl2:

So here's a quickie for all the fixes I've managed to put into v0.62 beta:

- Improved zoomed-in Mode 7 appearance. Games like Seiken Densetsu, ActRaiser 1/2 look better when viewing the Mode 7 textures near to the ground. Thanks for Discostew for the motivation!

- Improved sound handling to ensure that it is not panned slightly to the left. It turns out the solution was simply to ensure both channels start at the same time instead of starting the left channel first, then the right. BlargSNES does exactly just that, and I simply incorporated the same idea. Let me know if the music is still panned to the left.

- Added option to change in-frame palette handling. There are three options to choose from:
> Enabled. (Slow, accurate, but never as accurate as software)
> Disabled Style 1 (faster, less accurate)
> Disabled Style 2 (faster, less accurate) works a little differently from Style 1
Most games are by default Enabled. Only Bahamut Lagoon and Front Mission Gun Hazard are by default Disabled Style 1.
Setting enabled fixes the colours in Judge Dredd, Wild Guns and Batman Forever.

- Fixed Clock Tower to run again. It was my fault that it froze, not the game's developers! :shy:

- Fixed Star Fox flickering problem when there are frameskips.

- Fixed outside-of-track texture problem with Super Mario Kart’s Bowser Castle stages.

I'll continue testing more games this over the next few days before I push the official release out.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for- ... st-6712804

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4=>0.62 beta

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 02 oct. 2016 16:53

v0.62 released

Most of the changes are already implemented in v0.62 beta, with the exception of the FFV intro and DKC tile corruption problems, which are fixed in this newest version.

Changes:

- Improved Mode 7 zoomed-in textures. Games like Seiken Densetsu, ActRaiser 1/2 look better when viewing the Mode 7 textures near to the ground. Thanks for Discostew for the motivation!

- Improved sound handling to ensure that the left speaker plays at the same volume as the right speaker.

- Added option to change in-frame palette handling. There are three options to choose from:
> Enabled. (Slow, accurate, but never as accurate as software)
> Disabled Style 1 (faster, less accurate)
> Disabled Style 2 (faster, less accurate) works a little differently from Style 1
Most games are by default Disabled Style 2.
Bahamut Lagoon and Front Mission Gun Hazard are by default Disabled Style 1.
Wild Guns, Judge Dredd, Batman Forever are by default Enabled.

- Fixed Clock Tower to boot properly again.

- Fixed Star Fox flickering problem when there are frameskips.

- Fixed outside-of-track texture problem with Super Mario Kart’s Bowser Castle stages.

- Fixed Final Fantasy V Intro logo cutout problem. It's a crude fix but it works for now. (Thanks to Discostew who pointed this out)

- Fixed Donkey Kong Country's tile colour corruption bug (Thanks to those who pointed out the problem)

LORENZOLAMAS
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: [3DS] Snes9x 3DS v0.4=>0.62

Message par LORENZOLAMAS » 15 oct. 2016 16:18

v0.63 released.

- Fixed bug in DMA when the source address comes from Save RAM. This fixes a number of Super Mario World Hacks so that text is readable on BG layer 3. Yoshi's Strange Quest's dialogue text now works!

- Fixed menu key lock issue to improve usability when exiting from menu back into the game.

- Fixed DKC tile corruption issue. This probably also fixes most (if not all) tile corruption issues in other games, if you play a game for too long in a single sitting.

- Fixed sound problems when auto-saving SRAM. Somehow the hardware or the library doesn't like us stopping and starting the CSND too often. Not too sure what the problem is.

- Added an auto-save SRAM option to tell the emulator when to save SRAM (1 second, 10 seconds, 60 seconds, or disable auto-save). Note that regardless of the setting, the emulator will always save any modified SRAM every time you touch the bottom screen to activate the menu.

Répondre

Retourner vers « HOMEBREWS 3DS »